Thursday, October 13, 2016

So far, so good...




As always, September was a quiet month until the children got back to school/university and the madness started again…:) 

I got back to work on September 7th, full of energy and optimism…:) It was great to meet my colleagues too…:) 

Minnie got back to Uni on September 12th /Monday/. Now that it’s her second year as a Medical student, she is more confident but of course she still has a lot to study…:)

Vanyo started school on September 15th /Thursday/. He is in 6th grade now and has lots of new teachers... I hope it will be a positive change, though...:) 

On September 21st Minnie passed the practical part of the driving license exam so it’s official – we have another driver in our family!:) Needless to say, we are very excited about it!:)

September 22nd was a public holiday and as it happened on a Thursday, the government gave the Friday off too and we had a great 4-day weekend…:) Of course, we had to work the previous Saturday instead… 

On the first day of the long weekend we drove to Velingrad /a beautiful town in the Rhodopes, famous for its mineral springs/. We stayed at ‘Lucky Light Boutique Hotel & SPA’ which was such a wonderful place, with great atmosphere, delicious food and great spa, working 24/7 /it was such a pleasure to be the only ones using it at night:)/! We also visited ‘Kleptuza’ twice. It’s a very beautiful area, famous for its unique nature /protected by the law/ and for the biggest karst spring in Bulgaria…:) We even got on a pedal boat there and it was fun…:) 

Unfortunately our holidays were over too soon and on the Saturday we headed home… But we had a great time so we’re planning to visit Velingrad again /and will most probably stay in the same hotel/…:) 

I saw only one movie in September - ‘Les Miserables’… To be honest, I’m not into musicals much, but I still enjoyed it because the actors and the story were great...:) 

And I read one book in September /actually they are two novels in one book/ - ‘I Claudius/Claudius the God’ by Robert Graves. I greatly enjoyed it - it was very interesting and really well written...:) I learned a lot about the history and culture of Rome and at the same time I greatly admired the subtle sense of humour of the author!:) Two thumbs up!:) 

So far this month I have seen one movie and have read two books…:)

The movie I’ve seen is ‘Me Before You’. It was a beautiful and touching story, bitter-sweet as life itself... I loved it!:)

The first book I’ve read is ‘East of Eden’ by John Steinbeck. I read this book for a first time when I was 16, so wasn't mature enough to understand it then... Now I greatly enjoyed the wisdom and the beauty of the story, the depth of the characters and the diversity of their inner world... 

And the second book I’ve read is ‘Autobiography’ by the Serbian author Branislav Nušić ...:) It is in the list of books Vanyo studies at school this year... It was incredibly funny, and still - full of wisdom and philosophy!:) Two thumbs up!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment